Pages

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Welcome Back!



     

     Welcome to our classroom blog! I am so excited to get to know each family. Here is a little about myself!
     My name is Teaghan Hock. This is my sixth year teaching first grade at Ivy Hall and my eighth year teaching first grade. I worked for two years in Batavia and in 2013 was thrilled to join district 96. After student teaching in first grade, I knew that is where I belonged and have been there ever since!


     My husband and I live in Huntley with our rambunctious pup Shelby and our adorable son Caleb. We spent the summer doing as much as we could together from going to the zoo to listening to music at the BBQ rib fest in Huntley! When I wasn't spending time with my amazing family, I was finishing my masters degree in literacy and endorsement for teaching students who are learning another language. 

     I am looking forward to a fantastic year getting to know your students! 

    Throughout the year I will be posting updates on curriculum goals and important events happening in first grade. I know we are going to have an exciting year of learning! If at any time you have questions or concerns please do not hesitate to e-mail or give me a call. You can reach me at thock@kcsd96.org or 847-459-0022 X -1001. E-mail is usually the best way to reach me! 

*** If you choose to e-mail me during the day, I may not see it right away! Any important information such as dismissal changes or leaving early should be called into the office so I will be notified or sent in a handwritten note that day in your students folder. We prefer handwritten notes, but if for some reason a last minute change comes up, please notify the office.


Curriculum Night - Please join us August 23rd from 6:15-7:15 for curriculum night to hear all about first grade. From birthdays and homework to curriculum, we will discuss it all! I look forward to seeing you there! 
    
Just a few things to keep in mind:
    *We will be having snack each day. Please send your student with a nutritious, delicious snack each day! Please note that ALL snacks MUST be off of the approved snack list. Please click here to see the approved snack list.

     *Students will be going to P.E. (gym) each day. Please make sure they bring gym shoes with them each day or you may leave a pair in their lockers.

     *Birthday treats are allowed but must be off of the Approved Snack List. Please drop your treats off in the AM to the office so that the nurse can check it before we pass them out. If your student brings treats to the classroom instead of the office that is fine too. We will have them sent to the nurse to be checked before passing them out. Please note that if the treat is not from the safe snack list we will not be able to pass it out. 

    *Spare clothing in their lockers is not required but many parents do leave them just in case of any accidents! 


    *Headphones are on the students supply lists and they will need them each day. Please send in a set of headphones as soon as possible as we will need them for MAP testing. If for some reason your students headphones break I will send them home so they can be replaced. Please no earbuds! These are difficult for students to put on by themselves and many are too large for their ears! Thank you!

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me!

Specials Schedule:

Monday
P/E - 9:30 - 10:00
Music - 10:00 - 10:30

Tuesday
P/E - 9:30 - 10:00
Art - 10:00 - 11:00

Wednesday
P/E - 9:30 - 10:00
Music - 10:00 - 10:30

Thursday
Learning Center - 9:30 - 10:00
P/E - 10:00 - 10:30

Friday 
Exploration Lab 9:30 - 10:00

PE - 10:00 - 10:30

Lunch/Recess- 11:50 - 12:30


August/September Current Events

** Please also check our School Calendar for other events that may not be listed below! Calendar

August 14th - New Family Meeting  - 8:00-8:30am 

August 14th - Meet the Teacher! 8:30-9:30am

August 15th - First Day of School! Early Release 2:00 PM


August 23rd - Curriculum Night 6:15-7:15

September 3rd - No School - Labor Day

September 10th - No School 

September 19th - No School

September 25th - Early Release 2:00 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment